9th Grade Confirmation
We challenge our 9th Grade students to really dig in, and examine their personal faith. Continuing in their CASY groups from 5th-8th Grade, students will look at different tensions that exist when living our faith (charity vs justice, faith and doubt, witnessing and judging.) They'll explore their top five strengths, and how to live their faith in the world.
Confirmation - Grade 9
Living in tension | Living your strengths | Living your faith
Confirmation students in 9th grade will engage the questions:
- What it means to live in a world where not everyone believes the same thing;
- What it means to affirm our baptism and how do we receive and respond to God’s callings to us;
- What it means be a part of what God is up to in the world on a daily basis.
This year will also include presenters from different faith perspectives as well as taking time for each youth to discover their own talents and call by using the Strengths Quest Assessment.
- Know that faith is a journey lived in a community which shares joy, pain, and lives life prayerfully
- Experience scripture as a living example of the ongoing, faithful promise of God
- Experience Jesus as the pioneer, perfector and model of a faithful life
- Experience the Holy Spirit as the very real and very mysterious presence of God at work in the world
- Intentionally think and talk about the joys and challenges of living a life of faith
- Think about their gifts and talents and how they can be used to love and serve the world
Small group ministry is an opportunity. It is a time to uncover the mystery of God's promise in the world; a time to affirm, daily, the promises made in Baptism and most importantly to say YES to God who first said yes to us.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT SCHEDULE
Community Hour: 5:30-6:15pm
Learning Time: 6:50-7:45pm
Faith Formation students are expected to attend 70% of worship services during the program year. Worship as a community is an important part of the faith formation experience, and will be integrated into small group learning.
9th Graders gather in the Fireside Room at round tables with their CASY group every Wednesday for large group learning.
small group (CASY GROUP)
Small groups continue into 9th Grade and sit in their CASY group during large group. Learning is facilitated by the instructor, and conversation is led by the CASY leaders.
RETREATS and Mission trips
2018 Mission Trips
July 21 - 28
WILDERNESS WITH WAPO