Msasani Lutheran Church · July 29 - August 11 Msasani Lutheran Church, part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania based in Dar es Salam, has been operating since the early seventies in a community of about 300,000 people, the majority of whom live in very poor conditions. As is the case in many parts of Tanzania, the number of orphans, widows, widowers and unemployed has increased greatly, resulting mainly from the AIDS pandemic and general poverty of the people who are victims or who give care to dying relatives. In its efforts to spread the Word of God and serve the community, Msasani Lutheran Church feels that helping people to lead an improved life is an important calling. As such, the Church continuously looks for ways to help the needy. Mount Olivet first connected with Msasani in 2001, formalized our partnership in 2002, and has tithed our Capital Fund to support their efforts ever since. The two churches regularly exchange visits to solidify and strengthen our bonds, and this summer it’s MO’s turn to travel to Tanzania to connect with our Tanzanian brothers and sisters.
- Tour ancient sites, such as Bagamoyo, a 15th century slave-trading port
- Visit ministries of Msasani, helping widows and orphans, the elderly and ill. They also have started about 50 rural congregations.
- Participate in a health fair. Each MO participant will be paired with someone from Msasani.
- Optional National Parks visit to view animals.
- Possible overnight to Zanzibar, the "Spice Island," and historic trading port.
- Stay with a host family - experience Tanzanian culture first hand!
Contact Kirsten Kessel, DM, for more information. [ Kirsten · email@example.com ]